Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Where in the World is Monique?

27 November 2006



I am sure many loved ones back home have wondered, “Where in the world is Monique?”  My previous entries left me enjoying a relaxed life in the French countryside, but this lazy lyon can no longer lounge.  In late October 2006, after my position with the French business owners ended, I became employed as a Traveling Personal Secretary to a VERY demanding high profile individual.




I interviewed in the South of France and traveled to London to meet my new employer. A month later I find myself living in the city that never sleeps, never sleeping and running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  I spend the days frantically making dinner reservations at places like “Bungalow 8,” taking dictation for correspondence to former presidents, and phoning "Gates," people to confirm meetings (all names and locations have been changed to protect the privileged).  Working 14-hour days barely leaves time on the weekends to do my laundry. I feel much like Cinderella as I discover that there is NO glamour this side of the glass slipper.  But there are some perks.  As part of my employment, I am provided a small penthouse closet studio on the West side with a great view of Central Park.  Living in New York is a dream come true, so I do my best to enjoy living in such an exclusive neighborhood.  As the countdown to impending sea travel approaches, I feel a growing sense of adventure mounting.  In late December we depart for yachting in the Caribbean, then down through the Panama Canal to my employer’s private island in Central America for three months. We return to New York for the month of March and then are off before the Summer Mediterranean yachting festivities begin.  I can't share more than those small details, but I will be taking lots of pictures and writing as much I can to share as much of the experience as I can with all of you.  Try not to hold me to it though, this work schedule has me exhausted at the end of the day and longing for the countryside I left behind.

I began this journey, budding with dreams of travel and self- discovery. Through it all I have learned that healing is a process, not a destination. There is so much more of our beautiful green planet I wish to explore as I continue to the journey within. The most wonderful part of my experience in France was discovering to always follow your heart because true happiness lies in the fulfillment of one’s dreams.

More to come, I hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home